- Read 20 Min
Week of 10/30
Math: This week in math we continue Chapter 3 and cover doubles + 1 and doubles - 1! We will be working on this all week so our students get the concept. At the end of the week we will also be discussing time to the 15 minute and 45 minute mark.
Reading: Continuing with our fiction unit we're focusing on thinking about the story as we read by analyzing, making connections, and making images in our head while we read.
For spelling our focus for the week of 10/23 is the /wh/ sound.
Social Studies: We'll be having fun learning both science and social studies this week as we talk about the manners used for halloween and then learn about the science behind candy!
Writing: Finishing up our very own fiction stories! We'll also be reflecting on the writing process before sending them home for you to read.
Looking Ahead for Next Week
- We will be having liturgy on Wednesday, November 8th. Church uniforms please!
- No library next week! :)
- Friday, November 10th is a 1 pm dismissal. There will be no aftercare.
- If you are in need of a new reading log, please contact me! Please remember to send this back and forth daily with their blue folder!
- Our next field trip form has gone home! We will be going to see the Mrs. Claus play at the Beverly Arts Center on Tuesday, December 5th. If you are interested in volunteering to chaperone please ensure you have your background information sent into the office. If you are unsure if you are clear, please contact Mrs. Despina.
- Parent Teacher conferences will be held November 20th and 21st. Please be on the lookout for those sign ups from the office! Conferences are a time for us without your student to talk about their progress and make a plan going forward. I'm eager to meet with all of you!
Mrs. Shannon - email@example.com
Kiria Roula- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Letsos- email@example.com
Mrs. Lind- firstname.lastname@example.org
Kiria Roula's Class
- Review Study Guide sent home with students
- Lesson 8 on Greek123 is due tomorrow
- Workbook pages 26-29 are due Monday
- "Βλέπω" worksheet due tomorrow (in folder)
- Study for fluency and spelling tests on Monday (we moved the fluency test to Monday because we missed a few classes this week due to school events/church)